Is there a membership available for me at Denmark?
Yes! Denmark offers a range of membership categories for you to join. With more than 110,000 members in the movement nationally, (12,000 are here in WA) Denmark can offer a place where people from all walks of life and professions can provide an invaluable community service, whilst learning skills and making friends for life.
2019/20 Season Fees
- Junior and Cadet: $80
- Active 15+: $125
- Associate: $125
- Community: $50
- Family Cap*: $250
*Two adults and two student dependants U/25
*Or 1 adult and three student dependants U/25
Extra child $25, Eftpos available
Kidsport Funding is available for all Concession Card Holder – Remember to grab your application form from the Rec Centre and bring it along.
This category is for young people who want to have fun and learn surf skills. We encourage a parent/guardian to to join the Club with Junior members.
5 – 12 years of age by the 30th September
- Under 6 DOB 1/10/2013 – 30/09/2014
- Under 7 DOB 1/10/2012 – 30/09/2013
- Under 8 DOB 1/10/2011 – 30/09/2012
- Under 9 DOB 1/10/2010 – 30/09/2011
- Under 10 DOB 1/10/2009 – 30/09/2010
- Under 11 DOB 1/10/2008 – 30/09/2009
- Under 12 DOB 1/10/2007 – 30/09/2008
- Under 13 DOB 1/10/2006 – 30/09/2007
As cadets our members will take part in their first formal life saving qualifications – gaining their Surf Rescue Certificate initially and then their Bronze in the year they turn 15. Once they have gained their SRC or Bronze they will be placed in patrols.
13 – 15 years of age by the 30th September
- Under 14 DOB 1/10/2005 – 30/09/2006
- Under 15 DOB 1/10/2004 – 30/09/2005
Active Member 15+
These members are required to gain their Bronze medallion and become patrolling members of the club.
15 years and over as at the 30th September
24 years and older
- Access to club education resources, courses and awards.
- Able to attend club training depending on ability and meeting any required pre-requisite.
- Access to club facilities and club social events
- Access to club facilities and social events
- Not eligible to use club equipment or take part in any club training or courses.
- Can take part in community swim.
All club members 18 years and older MUST have a Working With Children (WWC) card. This is a SLSWA requirement which the club has to comply with. More details will be available on registration day.
- A person must be a member of a club to create a Family Group eg if parent/s are not required to join a club as part of a nipper program or a not a member of the senior club they cannot create a Family Group. If this is the case each child participating in Nippers will have to have their own Members Area account created and be renewed individually.
- A family group must have one primary member (has to be18 years or older) and one standard member
- Members must have an email address in their profile to be added to a family group as a Primary Member
- Members can create Family Groups via their Members Area account
Club fees, which we have deliberately kept low, are required to keep our Club functioning and to cover such things as insurance, administration, equipment purchase and maintenance, running costs, building maintenance, Association Registration and Affiliation.
In return for the low fees we do ask our members to assist in some fundraising during the season and the expectation is for every family to do at least one shift in the kiosk over summer. This is not onerous and should only be a few hours of your time, so please lend a hand to help spread the load. The Government does not directly inject funds into Surf Lifesaving Clubs and as a result fees and fundraising are required to meet all our ongoing costs.
The Annual General Meeting is at the end of June and the season is usually from October/November through to March/April. Signing up for the new season is therefore usually from September onwards when any changes to fees and membership details have been finalised.
Social events are organised throughout the season and promoted in our newsletters and with flyers and notes around the club. These events are open to every-one including members, parents of Juniors and anyone interested in our activities. Keep your eyes and ears open for these events because we would love to see you there.
Can I bring friends to the club?
Family and friends are welcome to come down to the Club for social functions. However, only current financial members of the Club are allowed to use club equipment and the club facilities such as the showers, change rooms and ‘board’ room.
View previous newsletters